To use iTunes U:
- Add Apple's iTunes software on your Windows or Macintosh computer by downloading it from www.apple.com/itunes/download and installing it.
- Visit itunes.lafayette.edu.
- Login with your Lafayette Network ID and password. For publicly accessible content, you can simply click on the "public link".
- iTunes will launch, and the Lafayette College iTunes U page will appear.
- If you logged in, you'll be able to view any public and college content, as well as any course materials (if your course is using iTunes). If you did not log in, you'll only be able to view public content.
- To listen to content, browse the various categories and click on the logos for the topics that interest you. This will reveal another topic list, offering you more choices, such as this page for ITS:
… or a "course" with a track list with content you can download:
- When viewing a track list, there are several ways to get the content:
- Get Tracks: Click the "Get Tracks" button next to the course logo to download all of the tracks available in a given tab.
- Subscribe: Choose "Subscribe" to subscribe to the course as a podcast, in which case new content will be downloaded to your computer as its posted.
- Get Song: Click the "Get Song" button in the track list to download individual track.
- Play a Song: Double click on an individual track to start playing immediately. If you want to download the track after listening to it, use the "Get Song" button instead.
- Any tracks you download from Lafayette College iTunes U will appear in a playlist called "Lafayette College" within iTunes:
- Any tracks you subscribe to as a podcast will appear under the "Podcasts" section of the iTunes Library:
Alternatives to using the iTunes Software
Public content is accessible via RSS, and can be subscribed to via third-party podcast receiver such as the open source Juice. College and course material requires the use of Apple's iTunes software and authentication to the service with your Network ID and password.